New McVitie's 'Sweeter Together' campaign offers retailers the chance to win £1000
12 March 2018
McVitie’s today announced the launch of its brand-new Masterbrand campaign, ‘Sweeter Together’. The campaign, with purpose at its heart, explores the importance of real human connections and shows how the simple act of sharing a biscuit has the power to bring people together.
The £9.7m campaign launches with an advert premiere on national televisionon last week, has brought to life the significant role the humble biscuit plays in everyday lives.A second advert will air later this year. Social and in-store activity will also feature as part of this integrated campaign.
A second advert, ‘Brows’, will air later this year as part of the Sweeter Together campaign, telling the tale of a woman feeling nervous during her first day in a new job. Her sense of isolation disappears, however, when a new colleague breaks the ice with a joke and a packet of McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes is shared around.
As part of the launch, a major in-store promotion will be running across all McVitie’s Biscuits. Consumers will have the opportunity to win prizes including dream family holidays, weekend breaks and family days out. To enter, shoppers must buy any packet of McVitie’s biscuits and text ‘SWEETERTOGETHER’ to 66644 to find out if they have won.
The campaign has also been extended to convenience retailers for a chance to win £1000. First retailers can request a Win Big Together POS kit from email@example.com. They must then build a high-impact display that makes buying easy for shoppers and send images of the display back with a chance to win. In wholesale depots, the campaign will be executed through high impact displays and point of sale driven by the Field Sales team at pladis. TERMS AND CONDTIONS APPLY, PLEASE REQUEST FROM firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions apply
Terms and conditions of entry
1. This promotion is open to all retailers within the UK only. Employees of Pladis, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
3. This promotion opens on 1st March 2018 and closes on 30th April 2018. Any entry received after the closing date will not be valid.
4. A maximum of 1 prize may be won per customer per region.
5. Maximum of one entry per retailer.
6.How to enter
Request a Win Big Together POS kit from email@example.com
Build a high impact and easy to shop off-shelf fixture for McVitie’s, supporting the Win Big Together Promotion
Take a photo and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner to receive £1000 for their store
Competition ends 30th April 2018
8. Requests must be made between 1 March and 30 April 2018.
9. Selecting the winners
1 winner per store from all valid entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The prize draw will take place by 30 April 2018. The prize winner will be drawn at random by randompicker.com from all the entries and the winner will be notified by an employee of pladis within one week of the draw taking place.
11. No customer details will be passed by pladis except for the purpose of delivering the prize.
12. The Promoter shall facilitate delivery of the prize and any date quoted for delivery shall be approximate only. The time for delivery is not of the essence and the Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the prize.
13. Prize of £1000
14. The promoter’s decision is final. Correspondence will not be entered into.
Notification and delivery of the prize
15. The winners will be notified using the contact details provided in e-mail by participants. It is the responsibility of participants to ensure that their contact details are correct and up to date
16. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners. However, if a winner has not responded to notification within 5 days, or if a selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
17. The prizes will be dispatched to the winners by courier no later than 30/05/18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to provision of incorrect contact details by entrants. Any prize that is returned undelivered will be assumed unwanted and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner to receive the prize using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
19. The winners are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize.
20. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted entries or those which are otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s control.
21. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to a prize will be offered save for in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
22. The Promoter and its agents will only use personal information supplied by entrants to this promotion for the purposes of administering this promotion, unless consent is received to use such information for any other purpose.
23. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or of the spirit of this promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry.
24. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize.
26. By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
27. Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this Promotion. However, entrants grant the promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
28. The names of the winners will be made available on request to those sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: [Pladis]
29. Winners may be required to take part in publicity relating to this promotion.
30. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
31. Promoter: Pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB48EE. No entries should be sent to this address.